Established in 1961, Westwards Nursery School is the oldest nursery in the area. Based in a beautiful Victorian house, close to Loughborough Endowed Schools and not far from the lovely Queen’s park, the nursery has been designed over the ground and first floor. At Westwards we have created a home away from home environment, which is naturally relaxing, warm, friendly, and welcoming for babies and children from 3 months old until they go to school. Our location provides the perfect environment for children to learn, explore and play – indoors and out. We have a supportive nursery environment which encourages your child to play, experiment, discover and learn as they grow and develop. Our meals are freshly prepared on site by our chef, so all stages of weaning can be catered for, as well as meeting dietary requirements. Our staff sit and eat with the children during mealtimes, for safety, role modelling and to encourage quality social interactions at mealtimes.
Our newly installed exciting outdoor space, covered by a large canopy, features a water wall, bespoke mud kitchen, sensory path and a fun play tower. We also use an area of woodland owned by Loughborough University, where we offer our unique Forest School sessions. We have our own school minibus and have trips all year round to various places around Leicestershire. Our nursery and garden are fully secure with CCTV. We provide an outstanding level of childcare in a safe, nurturing environment. Our aim is to provide every single child with the absolute best start in life, supported by a high ratio of highly qualified, experienced members of our staff team – the Westwards Family.
Our aim is to achieve the highest quality day care provision for children and their families, enabling children to develop to their full potential within a safe, caring and happy environment. Our guiding belief is every child is a unique individual and we treat every child with equal respect. With a strong outdoor learning ethos, all children benefit from a variety of trips and visits to our outstanding Forest School site.
Our key aims;
- Provide a “home from home” environment meeting the needs of the individual child through positive parent partnerships
- Being a small nursery allows all our staff to know all the children across the nursery
- Offer a wealth of opportunities to explore and learn within safe and stimulating surroundings
- Provide outdoor opportunities, trips and Forest School
- Have a flexible approach to planning activities based around the EYFS using In The Moment Planning
- Allow learning experiences to be adapted, extended and child initiated, supporting children to be leaders of their own learning